The other day someone did their research presentation on 3D TV. It seems like a really cool concept; however, I don’t know if I would want to use it all the time. What I really want to look at though is the turnover of products in the fast-paced technology industry.
I remember when I was in sixth grade and DVD players had just come out. They were really expensive and if you had one you were WAY cool. In the past couple years you can’t even buy a VHS player, only DVD players.
Also, iPods used to be super expensive and not a lot of people had them but now they are so affordable that nearly anyone can buy one. Same thing with flat screen TVs and iPhones. I wonder: will 3D TVs be next?
In three years when I am furnishing my apartment in a trending, up-and-coming, 20-something neighborhood of Chicago, Seattle, Denver or New York (fingers crossed) will I have no choice but to buy a 3D TV? Will 3D TVs replace the flat screen like DVD did the VHS, or the smart phone did to the flip phone?
I think it is very likely that 3D TV will be just as affordable as the ones we have available today. When we see the newest technologies coming out at the technology fairs around the world we can bet a pretty penny that within a few years they will be superior and affordable to us (but still cool and useful)!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment