I did it. I finally did it. I got a Twitter.
Ever since I was little I have been told, 'Don't fall into peer pressure.' Well... I did (sorry mom, you still raised me right).
At least I held off for awhile, but I did finally get a Twitter. Many of my friends said months ago that I should get one because they thought my updates would be funny... but I was afraid I would become addicted. I do have a strong argument though: I would rather be addicted to the Web than to alcohol or drugs. Well, that was my reasoning when I spent a couple hundred dollars on coffee within a few month period (don't judge me) so I just converted that to Twitter. Although since I don't have it on my phone, I think my risk of getting addicted is pretty low.
Twitter is cool though, there is a reason it is popular! Within a day of having it I had seven of my friends following me. Although, I feel like there is a creative pressure where every post has to be hilarious or else they will be bored and get over it.
It is fun to follow celebrities and see what funny/ witty things they have to say. It feels like we are personally friends with them because many of them update their own Twitters and the pictures they upload are a snap shot into their real lives, not their red carpet lives.
I wonder how long I will keep my Twitter. I have had my facebook for over four years now... my MySpace is long gone. I can't imagine how many Tweets I will have in a four year period. It would be a living history of my life over the years though, so that would be cool.
I am excited to see how many followers I get and how far it will all go! So much unknown! Space as the final frontier? Nope, I argue it's the Web.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment