Monday, June 7, 2010

Robots, Robots, Everywhere!

One emerging technology that we talked about was robots! Not going to lie, the fantastic Will Smith movie “iRobot” has left me a little weary of this subject. I can’t help but think that in the end of it all the robots are going to take us all out.
I suppose it could be pop-culture cultivating this fear in me. Another exampling being the Flight of the Conchords’ song “Robots” where the main line is, “The humans are dead, the humans are dead, we poisoned their a**es with poisonous gases.”
Although thinking about the possibilities of where robot technology can go can be scary, the technology is truly amazing. The Toyota robot is really cool. I can’t believe that we as humans have come up with that. It amazes me to think back on how when we first came here on earth we had nothing but nature; earth, wind and fire if you will. Today we have mega-cities, TVs, cell phones and robots to add to the list. Whether robots will someday check me out at the store or put a Band-Aid on my child’s leg is yet to be determined; however, as weary as I am about robots, I am interested to see how far this technology goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment