Monday, June 7, 2010

Mobile Technology

We talked about mobile technology the other days and I must say it truly is fascinating. I am only 21 and I got my first cell phone when I was 18, so mobile technology is really all I know. Yes, I remember the days when I would have to call my friends’ cell phone from home phone; as much as you would think the days of, “Hello, may I please speak to Jason?” were over, they lasted well into the year of 2007.
Today when I leave the house, I do a pocket check of three things: my wallet, my keys, and my phone. If I for some reason forget my phone, which is a rare occasion, I fell naked. Dead. Lost to the world. Alone. Even if I am in a large group of people. Let me say: I hate it!
I wish I could enjoy time with my friends without wondering if another friend is trying to get a hold of me. I often feel like I can’t just “be where I am,” I check my phone every few minutes to see if there is a new text. I feel like I have been conditioned to always be seeking for something better, even when I am enjoying myself.
I think one way to remedy my rudeness of seeking others’ attention while with friends is to leave my phone in my car or leave it on silent and only check it while heading to the bathroom or on downtime. I don’t want to be that guy who is always on his phone and never really listening to what his friends have to say. New goal: be where I am when with friends and not in cell phone-land.

No comments:

Post a Comment