Monday, June 7, 2010

Search Engines

I never thought anything would ever come close to Google as far as search engines go. It seems Google as infiltrated ever part of the Web, offering any and every application one may want. From maps, to news, pictures to video, Google has you covered.

I was surprised to see the popularity of Bing, the search engine from Microsoft that "gets things done." I have always looked at big business as untouchable and unstoppable. I mean, I wouldn't dare try to open a company of super stores when there is already Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Meijer. I also wouldn't go into the fast food burger business with McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's already dominatitng the scene.

I am surprised that someone (Microsoft) would come and compete with Google, Yahoo and Ask, let alone the fact that Bing has been successful! I suppose that the Web is always surprising and ever changing, a final frontier for business and marketing it seems, so I shouldn't be too shocked.

Having a Mac I normally just use Google because I have the Google search bar built in. I may try to use Bing one of these days, but I have always used Google and I feel like I would be slow to change and it would take lots of convincing.

Also, I must say I am really sad that mystery google is no longer up and running, it was really fun to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment